Support the Haiti Disaster Relief Effort

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Seven Reasons to Become a Doctor

Read this post written Ali Tabatabaey at The Differential: MedScape Med Students. It's so funny. He is a resident in Iran (i think).

***************************************************

Seven Reasons to Become a Doctor

Alitabatabaeyhat72x723Ali Tabatabaey -- I’m home and everything is back to its old boring self again, so boring that I can’t stand it. I’m just coming out of a “loud conversation” with the department head and the faculty dean, who literally fined me for going to the congress “without their permission”! They didn’t raise a finger for me in the process and now they are punishing me?!?! I just don’t understand.

So I’ve been thinking about what to write in this post. Well, maybe you’ll like this message that I just received from a friend who graduated last year and is now practicing in a remote area of central Iran.

Seven reasons why I want to be a doctor:

1. I hate to sleep.

2. I want to stay in school forever.

3. Nobody can read my hand writing.

4. I have too much money.

5. I think I’ve enjoyed my life enough.

6. I can’t live without tension.

7. I want to pay for my sins!

To that I would like to add:

8. I love spending time with snobby self-centered people who feel they own everyone and everything, and I don’t mind turning into one!

Anyway, I know there is room for a few positive points on that list too, but since I don’t feel very positive right now I’ll leave them to you guys. So feel free to complete the list.

1 comment:

TPDR said...

Ha, i had a pissy day. This was a nice pick-me-up. Thanks